Wednesday, December 2, 2009

THE TEN MOST COMMON CAUSES OF FAILURE

THE TEN MOST COMMON CAUSES OF FAILURE

Daniel Stamp

It's probably about this time of the year when you (or your boss!) ask whether or not you accomplished your goals. Or, you may be planning your 2010 goals and budgets right now. Here are what I consider to be
the ten most common causes of failure. Avoid these and you'll likely do well next year:

1…Blaming other people for problems rather than accepting personal accountability.

2…Engaging in endless self-analysis and questioning your own worth.

3…Not having written goals with deadlines and a plan of action for them.

4…Choosing the wrong things to do first.

5…Not having enough energy-both physical and mental.

6…Not recognizing or celebrating your achievements along the way.

7…Quitting too soon.

8…Not setting blocks of uninterrupted time.

9…Repeating the same behavior and hoping for a different result.

10..Not getting others committed to the same agenda.

The key to achievement starts with you knowing yourself. And to know yourself starts with you asking yourself these 6 questions:

Who am I? What are my strengths? How do I achieve results? Are my goals in line with my values? Am I learning from experience? Am I measuring the actual results of my activities every few months?


David Anderson - President - Okanagan Training Solutions
Priority Management - A Better Way to Work
250 762-5096 / 1-877-762-5096
mailto:prioritymanagement@shaw.ca
http://www.okanagantrainingsolutions.com/
http://okanagantrainingsolutions.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great information for planning for the next year.

It all starts with knowing yourself.

Thanks David

Mike Hassard
http://mikehassard.blogspot.com/