Workplace Training for Innovation Pilot Program
The Ministry of Advanced Education and Labour Market Development has established a new program initiative, Workplace Training for Innovation Program, through the Strategic Training and Transition Fund. The program is designed to provide eligible employers with funding for employee training in order to:
- Improve productivity
- Support the introduction of new technology, machinery/equipment or work processes
- Enhance international competitiveness
- Introduce innovative training and workplace strategies to increase the long term competitiveness of the organization and its workforce.
Both businesses and not-for-profit employers may be eligible to receive funding. Eligible employers must be:
- Small organizations (less than 50 employees)
- In good standing with the BC Corporate Registry
- In existence for one year or more
How will this benefit my small business?
This limited time program can provide your business or organization with full $$ funding for employee training in order to improve productivity; introduce new technologies or work processes, enhance your competitiveness and/or increase the long term competitiveness of your organization and its workforce.
To pay for training, you can receive:
- up to $1500 per employee to a maximum of $5000
- Funding for Sales Training Programs in Kelowna
In addition, organizations must certify that they would not undertake the training without financial assistance from the Province. Complete eligibility criteria are contained in the application form and program guidelines. Organizations may apply for funding by submitting a completed application for funding form to Chemistry Consulting Group Inc. at the address listed on the form. Faxed and emailed applications will not be accepted. An application is not a guarantee of funding. Applications will be processed on a first-come/first-serve basis, subject to availability of funding. Applications will be accepted until January 31, 2011, subject to availability of funding.
If you need to discuss your funding Training Requirements give us a call for a free one hour consultation.
David Anderson - President - Okanagan Training Solutions
Priority Management - A Better Way to Work
250 762-5096 / 1-877-762-5096